The Florida District 9 Umpires' Association is a non-profit organization of independent umpires affiliated with Little League Baseball International. Florida District 9 is part of Little League's Southern Region, in Section 6.
For those of you not familiar with Southwest Florida, the map below shows approximately the area we serve:
The purposes of the Association are:
- To develop, improve, and perpetuate the highest standards of officiating for baseball and softball through training, education and evaluation;
- To promote and encourage the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship;
- To improve and standardize the techniques and procedures used by officials;
- To develop and maintain a professional relationship and cooperative spirit between officials, coaches and League administration officers; and
- To negotiate and mediate issues relating to officiating and officiating conditions with various leagues.